Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just Read This Book...

''
I thought the title was embarrasing and seemed a bit patronising in some way??? Whatever it was, I hid the cover on the train while I was reading so as not to offend. I wondered if it would be an annoying book, but it's not. In fact it's lovely. The author (Marguerite Van Geldermalsen) (seemingly) had no agenda, no hippy ideal of becoming a local, no stupid thought to bring new ideas into the culture nor, it seems, to avoid them.
In other words it was refreshing. Just a gal who joined a different society to the one she grew up in. Simple.
Sometimes I wanted her to let loose a little and whoop or glow loudly with the in-loveness of it all, but there you go.
I'm in love with Jordan, specifically Petra, and with the other books I told you about, have loads of respect for the hospitality of the far east. They eat and drink tea together a lot and there's nothing wrong with that.
''

No comments: