Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Penny Rug


I first saw Penny Rugs in an old Country Crafts book I'd bought from some persistant bookclub, and found them beautiful and unusual, so when a friend gave me a large box of felt (woollen) I immediately thought to make one. Funnily enough I ended up using old blankets and scraps with only a small amount of felt, and because I didn't read any instructions (I just looked at the pictures) I didn't realise I could have shrunk the fabric. Hmmm... always impatient to get going...
I've included a picture taken at last year's Trade Show, where I displayed my own and a friend's version (Thanks Anne).

Pattern $13.20 + $1.00 postage within Australia, $3.60 to US. Currency converter here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this penny quilt Bobbie, never seen anything like it before. Scrolling through your blog makes me itch to stitch.